Founded in Sweden in 1945 during a project to design a small automobile, Saab launched ten years later and quickly become one of the county’s best car manufacturers. Celebrated for its ethos around both safety and quality, these vehicles have stood the test of time within the motoring community and are still as sought-after as ever.
After the company ceased making cars in 2011, the newly formed National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS) bought Saab Automobile's estate and now produces electric cars based on the Saab 9-3 but under its own new car designation "NEVS". If you own a Saab, you’re basically driving a piece of motoring history, which is why protecting it with a comprehensive warranty from MotorEasy is such a good idea.
Why do I need a Saab warranty?
Anyone owning a Saab is right to be impressed with their car’s clear commitment to safety and performance. However, because every Saab on the road today is likely to be an older model, the likelihood of things going wrong under the bonnet is increased.
Finding the right warranty for your Saab is a sure-fire way to guarantee that your car will be protected beyond the life of its original manufacturer’s warranty. This way, if anything does go wrong unexpectedly on the road, you won’t be left in the lurch.
What’s included in a MotorEasy policy?
When you take out a Saab warranty with MotorEasy, the benefits are manifold.
As well as coverage for mechanical and electrical faults, which can include air conditioning and overheating, your policy also gives you wear and tear coverage – which currently isn’t offered through the manufacturer’s warranty.
We have a dedicated team of highly trained engineers to oversee repairs to your vehicle, and you can even track their progress via your personal online account area. 24/7 booking is available, too, so you don’t have to wait to get your car looked at as quickly as possible.
And if you’re planning on travelling to Europe in your Saab, you’ll have easy access to MotorEasy services (for up to 60 days after arrival!). Anywhere in the European Union, you can count on us to help if your car breaks down.
Can I get a quote?
Absolutely! To get a free quote today, just head to our quote generator. You’ll need to fill in certain details about your vehicle – the registration number, MOT expiry date, mileage, etc. – then, in no time at all, you’ll get your free Saab warranty quote.
Or you can call us on freephone 0800 131 0001; a member of our dedicated team will take you through all the options available in detail. If you want to take support a step further, we also offer live chat assistance.
Recent Paid Repairs for Saabs
Your Saab may be exceptionally reliable most of the time, but that’s no guarantee that something expensive won’t go wrong under the bonnet in the future. Older models, especially, carry a higher risk of breaking down without warning, which you just don’t need to deal with as a motorist.
Check out our guide to common repairs for Saabs to find out how much certain components would cost to repair:
- Clutch plate solutions are a common issue with Saabs. Our recent repair bills for this problem range from £214.96 to £816.38, depending on the severity of the fault. Avoid costs like these coming out of the blue by taking out a comprehensive Saab warranty with MotorEasy.
- Dual mass flywheel is another component of Saabs that we see a lot of. You’re looking at anywhere between £469.44 and £613.50 to fix, based on our most recent repairs. Don’t get burdened with hefty repair bills; ensure your car is well protected with a Saab warranty from MotorEasy.
- Rack and pinions in these cars are also a cause for concern. We’ve seen several mechanisms need work doing to them; the cheapest was £491.26, the most expensive £504. Obtaining a Saab warranty with MotorEasy ensures that you don’t have to pay these kinds of hefty repair bills outright.
- Gasket (block to head joint) gave one owner cause for concern when it required repairs. The final bill was £1,056.01, including diagnostics, parts and labour; understandably, they did not enjoy being faced with such an unexpected and high total. Fortunately, their Saab warranty with MotorEasy covered everything, restoring their peace of mind in the process.
- The most expensive repair job seen recently on a Saab was £1,782.14, including diagnostics, parts and labour costs. The repair included work to fix both mechanical and electrical issues, which you’d be protected against with a comprehensive Saab warranty from MotorEasy.